Hello friends. I have several things I'm praying for right now and would love for you to join me.
1. Our team in W. Africa. I will post below some specific prayer items. I received a video message from S last night. They were in Conakry at the guest house. They had a 12 hour drive today, and should be there now. They are 6 hours ahead of central time, so they should be asleep right now. I hope to hear from them soon, but don't know how internet connection is in Kankan. Please remember the team and the families here!
2. My grandfather is in the hospital. He is 90 years old (Kenan shares his birthday) and this is his first stay in the hospital. He has been there a little over a week now and has a long way to go to recover. Please pray for him and my grandmother as well as my mom and her brother.
3. Our friends are preparing to go to W.Africa very soon. I'm so excited about this--as they are!!! But these next several weeks are going to be huge transition times for them and their family. Please remember them over the next few weeks.
4. My boys are boys. I am really trying to learn to be a better mommy to them. Learning to balance discipline and remembering that they are so young is a struggle sometimes. OK, a lot of times. I need any prayers offered, especially this week.
OK, those are the top things on my mind right now. Here are some specifics for the W. Africa team:
Monday--meeting with translators--these people may or may not be believers, probably not.
Tuesday--village visit #1--this is a village the last team visited. Pray for opportunities to present the Gospel clearly.
Wednesday--visit with students at the University
Thursday--village visit #2 & #3--more villages visited by the last team.
Friday--travel across the country to fly out
Saturday & Sunday--travel home
Thank you so much for reading to here. I know many of you that read this are faithful prayer warriors. Thank you for your support!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Calling All Prayer Warriors
Posted by Becca on 2/22/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You've been on my mind today and I have been praying already and will continue to. Hope you and the boys settled in okay after your weekend trip. Be sure to call if you need anything. I'll talk to you soon.
Awe...I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. I'll be praying for him. What an amazing thing, to hit 90 and never have spent any time really in the hospital!!!
Post a Comment