Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Surprise!

Do you like surprises? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I know, a little wishy washy.

So, we got a huge surprise at the beginning of the year. You know, the life changing kind. Here is how it went down...

It was Friday, the Friday before Eli's 8th birthday. I was running errands with Kenan while the other boys were in school. I ran by the drugstore and picked up a few things. *ahem* I honestly did not think anything of the "items" I purchased, but was just taking precautions. I kept toting around town and for only the 2nd time in my life, I got pulled over by the cops. I was driving the truck while the van was in the shop. Evidently the tags expired a few months before. AND, I had not put our updated insurance card in the truck. So, the nice cop that pulled me over gave me a warning on my tags and a ticket for no proof of insurance, but assured me if I took proof to the courthouse, they would waive the ticket. Fortunately, they did.

So, I went home immediately to get the papers to renew the tags and the updated insurance card. While I was home I thought I would take a quick pregnancy test. Just to make sure I was NOT pregnant. Well, when I went back to check the test, it was positive. Clearly, something was wrong. It was the cheap test, so I bought 2 more of the more reliable brand. Yeah, they all agreed.

I did what any rational person in my situation would do. I called my husband and cried. Poor guy, he is such a trooper. He wasn't even sure why I was crying, but when I finally got the words out, he was so calm and encouraging. Typical.

Clearly, we did not have this plan. Clearly, God did. So, we here we are a few days from finding out if this precious child is a boy or girl. And we are excited. And nervous.

I really wanted to write this post before we find out what we are having to make one thing very clear...

I will NOT be disappointed if we have boy #4. I WILL probably freak out a little if we have girl #1. We will be thankful either way.

So if you have seen me recently and wondered if I was just "letting myself go" you can rest assured my growing midsection is carrying a tiny little life. The miracle of it is still just that, a miracle. I am amazed every single time I hear the baby's heartbeat and feel the baby kick. Even with #4. God is an amazing, creative God.

Stay tuned for BOY or GIRL!!!!

2 comments:

Jessica A. said...

Awesome Becca! You have such a sweet family. Anxiously awaiting the answer...

Laura said...

What? I can't believe you haven't told me!! Congrats to you guys!!!