
One year ago today I gave birth to our third baby boy. Wow. What a year it has been. Our baby boy has been such a blessing to us. I have learned much this year and I think much of that much has been through having a third baby. To say it is an adjustment going from 2 kids to 3 is a very true statement. Some days I wasn't (and still am not) so sure I was going to make it. Other days I wasn't so sure the boys were going to make it. But we have made it and our family is great.
I have been reflecting in recent days on the fact that we have three boys. Some days in the past year I have wondered why on earth God blessed us with three wild boys. Well, two wild and one yet to be determined. But I have a feeling!! I have received lots of comments about not being "blessed with a girl" and don't I wish for a girl. Mostly these comments come from strangers, oddly enough! Evidently it is something about the third boy because I never got these comments with just two boys. It has caused me to think. And sometimes even doubt. Is this really what is best for me and us? How silly that is, really, to think like that. Because really, it isn't up to me or even about me!! But oh how we can be tricked.
But I also have had a few people come along and give me another perspective. They have talked about being ready and willing to accept the blessing God has for us. Whatever that blessing might be. One lady, with two girls, told me she always thought she would have boys but she was thrilled that God blessed her with two girls. Not because girls are better than boys. But because God blessed her in the way He saw fit. And she was ready to accept that blessing.
I'm asked A LOT if we are done or if we are going to "try one more time for a girl." Honestly, I don't know. (Scotty may have a different answer;)) Some days I am quite sure we are D.O.N.E. and other days I just want another baby. So, who knows. But God. We'll leave his blessing of children to us up to Him.
Today I am so incredibly thankful that He chose to bless us with Kenan. I know I am his mother, but he is just the sweetest and cutest little thing. I just love him so. He has truly brought JOY to our family. He has helped me learn to enjoy the time we are in. To truly love our life and what we have been blessed with.
Today I am also thankful for my Pawpaw. Kenan was born on his 90th birthday. My Pawpaw got to meet Kenan one time before he passed away. So, especially today I miss my Pawpaw. He was a giant of a man. A man of God. And he left behind a strong woman in my Nana.
So it has been a good day. And a good year. Kenan had a great day too. Clearly, he was not intimidated by his cake. He loved it!! Fun times with family and friends.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
What A Year
Posted by Becca on 12/12/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment