The past few weeks have been filled with a few firsts in our house. These are exciting times, I tell ya!
I must start by saying that I have been looking forward to my boys playing ball since January 9, 2004--the day E was born and we found out he was a boy. I grew up at the ball field and have many memories there--good and bad! (I broke my arm and leg at the same time at the ball field once!) I digress...
S thinks I'm crazy but I love the fact that we are finally entering this phase in parenting. SO, E started soccer a few weeks ago. He was so excited and decked out. That is one thing I'm a little obsessed with. Well, not really obsessed, but concerned. I have a few pictures of me from my childhood and wonder what in the world my parents were thinking--love you mom and dad!:) I'm sure my teammates looked as goofy as me, but I didn't see it that way!
SO, here is E ready to go:
(at first I was concerned because his shin guards were blue and everything else was black, but realized they would be covered, so I'm letting it slide this year!:)
Looking quite excited, huh?
He had a little trouble wanting to get out there once things actually started. But he finally decided it would be fun, and you can see he had a great time!
.JPG)
Our second first--if that makes sense--was a trip to the dentist. Ironically, and unfortunately, J beat E on this one! But we found a pediatric dentist we like out of the deal, so E got to go this week. As a mom, I haven't missed many "firsts" in my kids lives. Since I am home with them, I see or experience most everything. However, sometimes poor dad misses out on things. I must say, though, that S makes every effort to NOT miss anything. He was going to miss the dentist appointment this week, but at the last minute decided to come home and get E and take him. I was a little reluctant since I would be missing my first child's first trip to the dentist, but I realized that S needed, and wanted, to do this. So, off they went. I sent the camera hoping for a few pictures before hand, and few of E in the chair, etc. Well, let's just say I got 1 picture--and I haven't even downloaded it yet! Oh well. E came home with a bag full of loot, but the best part was that he thought of his brother. He got to choose 2 items from the toy chest and he got one for him and one for his brother! How sweet!!
Our most recent first has been the transition to a booster seat in the truck. E is beyond excited about this. He helped put it together last night and got to actually ride in it today. He was almost beside himself. S and I were both a little nervous about making this move, simply from a safety standpoint. But, E is tall and he was really too big for the other seat, so the booster is where he needs to be. Every time we got ready to get in the truck E would ask if he got to ride in his booster again! Oh, the little things in life!
I really didn't intend this to be a novel, but that is what happens when you don't post often! If you are still reading, bless you. I'll sign off now!
4 comments:
It's hard to believe Eli is old enough to be playing soccer!!! How fun!
Being the rules oriented person I am, I just had to ask - are you aware that kids aren't supposed to be in a booster seat until age 4 and 40 pounds? I know he's just a few months shy, but still, I'm just pointing this out for his safety (and to keep you from a ticket should you get pulled over!). Katelyn is still in her regular carseat. We're having to wait until she gains a few more pounds. She's 4-1/2, but only weighs 31 pounds, so it looks like I'll be pulling up to kindergarten next year and having to unbuckle all of her straps & harnesses!!! Oh well!
Have a great week-end!
My rules friend!! S and I both have read all we can and since Eli is too tall for the straps in his car seat, it is recommended that he move up for his safety. We have read the age 4 part, but haven't seen anything in the law about weight once they reach that age. It is then based on height. Since he is almost 4 and really too tall, we made the move. Hopefully if we get pulled over in the next few months the officer will agree with our deduction and decision!!
Poor Katelyn, though, she may be on her first date and in her car seat still! Oh, to be so little!:)
Love the new blog look!
After Fall Break I want to come see him play so let me know where. I love to come see my little friends outside the church walls.
Post a Comment